I have always been a proponent of internet evangelism. When I found out that tomorrow, Sunday April 21st, is internet evangelism day, I had to do an article about it. Internet evangelism day happens every year on the 4th Sunday of April. This website has over 4,000 people per year go to our page that is set up to teach people how to start a personal relationship with Jesus.
The internet has broken down the walls between nations and people. It allows a small town pastor in rural Wyoming to speak to people of all nationalities. It allows you to plant seeds where you never thought it was possible to plant seeds before. It truly allows every believer to fulfill the great commission given by Jesus in Matt. 28:19-20
THE GREAT COMMISSION
19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, 1 baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
However please remember, that social media and the internet works much more like a “local cafe” where you have conversations rather than like a pulpit where you speak at a group of people.
Tips For Getting Involved With Internet Evangelism Day
- Write your testimony and publish it on Facebook. People like a good story and you have one. Even if you were saved as a child, you have a testimony about the faithfulness of God in your life. Take 10 minutes to write it down and share it with your friends on Facebook
- Use your smart phone or webcam and record your testimony and publish it on Youtube or Facebook. Again, it doesn’t have to be a theological treatise, but just a testimony of how God has been good in your life.
- Post Christian pictures on Facebook or Pinterest that give a brief gospel message. I personally like this one. If you need more picture ideas, then I have over 1000 Christian pictures on my Pinterest Page.
- Share gospel quotes and Bible verses on Twitter. Recently Christians brought the spotlight to the Gosnell trial by using Twitter. They used the hashtag “#gosnell” and received over 166.000 tweets concerning the trial and the issue. Popular hashtags for Christians are #prayer, #bible #christian. You can use the hashtag #ieday for internet evangelism day.
- Finally if you are not a writer or are camera shy, then at least share my page on how to meet Jesus. Share your church website, or share your favorite ministry.
Let’s make this internet evangelism day one to remember and let’s get excited about the party we will cause in heaven.